UpdatedWednesday October 14, 2015 byArkansas Dixie Youth Baseball.
ARKANSAS DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL
As amended February 25, 1991
ARTICLE I- State Director
The State Director shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and shall be in “General Control” of all franchised leagues and work closely with the Officers and Directors for Dixie Youth Baseball. The State Director may direct correspondence to the various leagues and require same from them. He shall conduct all business in behalf of the Organization and shall make every effort to further the policy adopted by the Board of Directors. The State Director shall issue notices of all meetings of the Board of Directors. He shall fulfill the job duties as prescribed by Dixie Youth Baseball, Inc.
ARTICLE II- Assistant State Director
The Assistant State Director will work closely with the State Director in all matters pertaining to Arkansas Dixie Youth Baseball. He will preside over state meetings, meetings of the Board of Directors, tournaments, and other functions in the absence of the State Director.
ARTICLE III- Secretary
- The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors and mail to each member of the Board of Directors a copy of the minutes after each official meeting.
- The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all annual meetings and other called meetings and send copies to each member of the Board of Directors and each franchised league.
ARTICLE IV- Treasurer
- The Treasurer shall collect all fees and dues, with the help of the State Director and shall make the authorized disbursements. He shall carry the funds of the organization in a reputable bank in the name of the organization and shall sign all checks.
- The office of Secretary and Treasurer may be held by one individual who will carry out the duties of both positions.
ARTICLE V- District Director
The district Director shall fulfill the job duties as prescribed by Dixie Youth Baseball. Inc. (Refer to Constitution & By-Laws of Dixie Youth Baseball, Inc.)
ARTICLE VI- State Meetings
An annual State Meeting will be held prior to May 1 at a place designated by the State Director. The State Director or the Board of Directors may call state meetings at such times as may be necessary.
ARTICLE VII- Tenure of Office
- The Assistant State Director, District Directors, Secretary and Treasurer will assume office immediately upon verification of the election by the Senior National Director.
- Following a written complaint, any State, District, or Sub-District Director or local league officer whose conduct reflects unfavorably on the organization may be removed from office. In the absence of local authority to take action, and upon written complaint by an active official of Dixie Youth Baseball (manager, official, coach, or umpire), the State Director shall appoint a committee to investigate the complaint. If the investigation warrants further action, the State Board shall have the power to remove said individual from the program.
The investigating committee shall consist of the State Director (or Senior National Director if the State Director is involved) and at least two (2) others, one of which will be from the organization involved. The party writing the complaint cannot serve on the committee.
ARTICLE VIII- Finances
- The Board of Directors and the franchised leagues shall determine the Arkansas State Franchise fees.
- All Directors and Officers shall be reimbursed for all reasonable expenses incurred by them in the performance or their duties, upon approval of the State Director. Any unusual expenses will be subject to approval by the Board of Directors. They will be allowed up to $25.00 meal and lodging refund for the annual state meeting and any special meeting.
- A State Franchise fee of $10.00 shall be charged per league, to be paid to the State Director. These funds will be used by the Board of Directors for expenses occurred in promotion and operation of Dixie Youth Baseball in the State of Arkansas.
ARTICLE IX- General
- No Tournament Chairman, District, State, or National Officer of Arkansas Dixie Youth Baseball will be eligible to coach, manage, or in any way participate with any tournament team other than as an official of Arkansas Dixie Youth Baseball.
- Requirements for hosting state tournaments will be established by the Board of Directors. Any changes to tournament requirements must be made at least 60 days prior to the annual State Meeting.
- The site of the state tournaments will be determined by a vote of the franchised leagues in attendance at the annual State Meeting.
ARTICLE X- Amendments
Amendments to these By-Laws may be made by majority vote of the leagues present at any meeting, or at any special meeting, provided copies of the proposed changes have been mailed to each league at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting at which the vote is to be taken.